Thursday, November 22, 2007

München: Thursday, November 15th, 2007

Lilit and I woke up around 11am to the sun shining and a few inches of snow on the ground and all over the trees. Was absolutely beautiful! Lilit was feeling a lot better and her fever had gone down. Also woke up to find that workers of the S-bahn and other main rail stations in Munich were on strike until Saturday and there was only one train per hour to get to the central area of Munich. Razmik told me that this is a very common thing, but it's frustrating because so many people rely on public transportation and when things like this happen, it screws up people's lives a bit.

Razmik and Zara made breakfast for us: toast with eggs and tomatoes, German frankfurters, and leftover salad from the night before. It's been a while since I have eaten such good meals and it was so nice of them! They went to work around 1pm and since Lilit was feeling sick, she didn't go to class. I eventually left the apartment around 4pm to catch the one train within the hour.

Went to Hauptbahnhof Central Station to find the tourist office to get some more information about stuff to do. Got lost for almost an hour trying to find the main pedestrian street, but eventually found it. On the hunt for Birkenstock's for my mom, I found a shoe store and bought 2 pairs of shoes for myself! Can never have too many!

Went home, ate some dinner along with 2 shots of gramole (some Italian liquor) and a bit of beer with Razmik and Zara, and Lilit studied. Later, Lilit and I chatted about lots of random stuff til 2am when we fell asleep.

It's so fun to be able to go to another country and even though you may not know some people very well, you sort of become dependent on them. It makes it so easy to open up and I especially notice with Lilit that we have become such great friends. We've only seen each other 3 times before (twice in the US and once when I came to Europe in '99), which is pretty amazing!

No comments: