Friday, November 9, 2007

I've had a very fun week. Not a lot to do with school, but outside of class, we've done quite a few activities. On Sunday we went to Eugenia's apartment and she cooked my whole apartment lunch! Was delicious and some Italian dishes mixed in too! After that we had a little expedition to find a go-kart track somewhere north of the main city. Nine of us including my whole flat, Casey, Ketchup, Juan, Eugenia, and Juan's friend from Spain who was visiting. We eventually found it and the place has an indoor and outdoor track but we got there too late, so we raced indoors. Was a lot of fun! I've never been on go-karts that go so fast, and we had to wear a little racecar suit and helmet and gloves. Juan beat us all in the amount of time it took us to make one lap, but whatever. It was fun!

For the rest of the few days, I had class. We are starting the two main projects in both of my classes, so I'm sure I will start to get really busy. My Construction Contract Relationship class has a project where we have to interview a large business, ours being NCC, and how they create their contracts and what they include in it to hopefully avoid any complications during the construction process. Sort of confusing, but I'm figuring it out. The only real reason I'm taking this class is so I can spend more time with Belma and Janne since I only have one month left!

My other class, Vehicle Ergonomics, has a huge project where we have to analyze the inside of a vehicle for it's ergonomics and if it would need any improvements, etc. One of my group-mates has a friend that has a car, so we used his. Much easier than trying to rent one, and since none of my group mates have a license, I would have to try and figure out how to drive it! On the streets of Gothenburg...doesn't sound like fun to me! We analyzed the car Wednesday night, took a few pics, and asked the driver many questions. Seems kind of cheesey, but I find it rather interesting!

After meeting with my group Wednesday, Juan, Casey, Ketchup, Brennan, Nik, Juan's friend, and I found an ice rink right near our place! Frolunda is good for something I guess! Was so much fun! Just 50kr to rent skates and could skate for 2 hours. Had a huge track and wasn't that good of condition, but it worked. Juan had never skated before, so it was funny watching him and trying to teach him how to skate; he's never rollerskated before either, so there was no trying to explain the difference in that. Had a couple falls, not me, but the others. I think we'll be going back soon, especially since it's so COLD out and the ice will stay pretty frozen.

Well....that's about it for the last week. I'll try to get some pics up of the last few events. Oh..I have a trip planned to Munich, Germany and I leave Tuesday November 13th and I come back on Sunday November 18th. Should be lots of fun! I'm going to meet family friends that live there, so I will have a place to stay, which is really convenient! I also might be going to Barcelona, Spain within the next couple weeks or Helsinki, Finland. Not quite sure which one yet, but I'll let all of you know as soon as I know! I'm trying to make the best of this last month, especially since this whole semester went so fast!

All for now....

No comments: