Thursday, November 22, 2007

München: Saturday, November 17th, 2007

We planned the night before to get up early, then Lilit would study and we would go out. However, that didn't happen. We got up around 10:30am, ate an amazing breakfast by Zara of toasted cheese, ham, and pineapple, coffee, and juice. Lilit wanted all of my music from my computer, so I started transferring that immediately...all 15GB. Before we knew it, it was already 6pm and we had to eat and I had to pack. Zara had been cooking pretty much all day, so we ate delicious food once again!

There were some meat things (tasted like meatloaf), some potatoes, some sort of Spanish soup, and chatchapuri (with cheese this time, instead of meat). I would have loved to take her home with me with all of the amazing dishes/meals I have eaten!

Lilit and I got ready to go and we headed to the train station to put my bags in a locker, then were planning to go to Hofbraühaus, but we didn't have too much time at that point, so we settled for another bierhaus Nik recommended, Augustiner. Had to get a möss and of course brez'n (pretzels). We also ordered some sort of cake dessert with ice cream. Very tasty, whatever it was. Had less than an hour to drink my liter of beer and had to drink it all because I wanted to bring home a souvenir! Great beer and successfully got it out of there without getting caught. (Lilit practically ran out!)

Back to the lockers, hid the möss in my bag, got a cup of coffee, and went to my platform. Was so sad saying goodbye to Lilit. No tears, but I especially had so much fun and we've both grown up so much and we can relate to each other so well! Said goodbye's and off I was on my first train at 11pm.

Lilit gave me a pair of earrings that she got in India that are beautiful! So different, but so pretty! Zara also gave me a soft, pink scarf that she got in Barcelona. It is also so beautiful! Lilit and her family have been so generous and so hospitable and welcoming to me! I had so much fun getting a chance to get to know Zara and Razmik a lot better. Was a great trip and I would love to do it again!

No comments: