Thursday, November 22, 2007

München: Friday, November 16th, 2007

Got up with Lilit again for her 8am lecture. Got on the one S-bahn within the hour (I like to stress this apparently...) and headed to the lecture hall with the actual professor in it. This time we learned about joints and bones. Very interesting stuff, but also very hard. Lilit's exam was today on the Latin words and what they mean in German - mostly on different diseases. They have an exam every week and what's hard is that they have a lot to study, but the exam is very short, so they have no idea what will be on it out of the 500 terms, for example, that they have to learn.

After the first 2-hour lecture, I took off to go look around the city and maybe stop at some museums. Lilit and I decided we would meet up at 1:30pm at Marienplatz. I left to go see some museums that Razmik recommended. First stopped at Glyptothek, which had many sculptures from 2000+ years ago. After that, I went to Alte Pinakothek, which has the oldest art out of 3 art museums, one being modern art. Both were interesting, but a lot of it I didn't appreciate as much as I should have.

Met up with Lilit and we went to a pizza place. It's funny because when we walked in, it reeked of smoke. I'm not used to people smoking in places anymore and I guess they are passing a law to ban smoking in most public places that will begin this January.

By coincidence, we ran into Lilit's good friend, Dave, who was eating there with a friend. It was neat that I got to meet some of her friends because I also get to learn more about Lilit. Next, we went hunting for Birkenstock stores, but were out of luck in finding the shoe she was looking for. Were planning to hit up a biergarten, but we were tired so we found San Francisco Coffee Shop. Coffee was really good! Headed home and another of Lilit's friends, Lara, came over and we hung out. She is also a great person and seems like a great friend to Lilit. Then....headed to bed! Last night in Munich!

No comments: