Monday, January 7, 2008

Lists of lots of stuff...

Sorry all, but I have been so busy since I last wrote (a long time ago), so I'm going to make some lists of what's been going on before I left for my trip with my family! Here goes....

Monday, December 17th: So I had my construction contract relationships exam, which went pretty well I think. Aimed for passing, and as of today, don't know the final grade. After the exam, Belma and I ate lunch and a pizza place near campus. Definitely recommend kebab pizza if you ever get the chance to try! So good!

Tuesday, December 18th: This was Sarah's last full day and I caught up with her on Haga, one of the old streets in Gothenburg with cute little shops. We ended up going to the fish market in downtown Gothenburg for lunch. This was also Laurent/Ketchup/Frenchy's last day so there was a party for lots of exchange students at an apartment not too far from Frolunda, just about 5 tram stops to Marklandsgatan.

Wednesday, December 19th: Woke up and helped Sarah finish up packing. Took her as far as Chalmers then I had to get off to work on a group project due Friday of that week and she continued to Central Station. Hung out at Casey and Juan's for the evening.

Thursday, December 20th: Worked on the project all day on campus. Eventually ended around 7:00pm and went to Casey's for dinner...that he made for all of us! Was delicious! Then all went to Valand nightclub for the evening. Sort of was a goodbye party to all international students, so had to go. Wasn't that much fun because it was so busy, but was nice to hang out with more people for the night.

Friday, December 21st: This was a great day! Lilit (from Munich) came to visit me! We had been talking about it for a while and it finally came through and it was so nice! She stayed with me til the 26th, so was great to have someone over Christmas! After she arrived, we went straight to Juan and Casey's for lunch. Juan made us Spanish omelets and it was his last day, so we said good-bye to him as well. Hung out at my place for the evening - - was the last night for Brennan, Dane, and Casey.

Saturday, December 22nd: Went out shopping with Lilit after saying goodbye to Brennan and Dane. Eventually decided to see a movie, never had been to a Swedish theater yet, and we settled on American Gangster. Was really good actually and all English with Swedish subtitles.

Sunday, December 23rd: Laundry and said goodbye to Eugenia in the morning. More shopping and more purchases....Later called the Anderson family in Milwaukee who were celebrating an early Christmas! Was great to talk to everyone and found out my cousin Forrest and his wife Tracy are expecting their second child! Was very exciting and I am extremely happy for them!

Monday, December 24th: Lilit and I eventually ventured out to an island in Gothenburg's archipelago. Was really beautiful even though it was really windy and really cold. At least no rain I suppose! Called my parents and my dad said he would treat us to dinner, so we decided to go back to the mainland and hunt down food. However, nothing was open. After making many stops, at an Irish pub as well, but they just served alcohol, we found Gothia Towers hotel where we could get a bit of food from their bar menu. Was really neat because we were at the 23rd floor of the hotel, so we could see all of Gothenburg! Later, I called home/Madison to wish my family a Merry Christmas and talk with everyone....was really nice to hear everyone's voice!

Tuesday, December 25th: This was quite a laid back day - probably not one Lilit wanted, but I wasn't feeling too well, so we hung out at my place for the day. I cleaned a bit before my parents were to arrive. (They left the states on the 25th in the morning, got to Gothenburg on the 26th.)

This is where I will stop for this bit of activity. The next time I will post (hopefully tomorrow) I will include the whole trip and the rest of my time here! I have 3 full days to go and my parents leave tomorrow (January 8th) morning very early!

No comments: