Saturday, January 19, 2008

My last days...:-(

The day my parents left, I did a lot of cleaning. I packed up all of my stuff in my room and moved down to Brennan's room. Cleaned the whole upstairs and the stairs so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. That took up most of the day. Come night, Juan called me and asked me to go over to his place for dinner - - he was cooking! Said yes, and it was really nice to have someone around in Frolunda! Wednesday, I did a lot more cleaning and working on picking up the place and then later that night as well, Konstantine came back from Germany and I went over to Juan's again for dinner and hanging out. Juan was working at Chalmers for the last few days because he has his thesis he has to write this coming semester. Will be tough work for him! Thursday, I went out with Janne to a cafe and then went to see Guldkompassen (The Golden Compass). It was my birthday present from Belma and Janne - a movie and night out...just girls! After the movie, Janne and I said our goodbyes and I went to Belma's work to wait until she was done. We went to Burger King and caught up on each other's lives. Was so good to see both of them after so long! After Belma, went to Juan's new place (closer to campus) and said good-bye to him as well! Such a sad evening and then I went back to my clean place to bed to get up early the next morning.

Got up around 5am to finish packing and return all the keys to the housing office and to get to Central Station to catch the bus to the airport. Got plenty early and spent the rest of my Swedish Kronas. After almost missing my connecting flight in Amsterdam (had to literally run through the airport), I made it to Minneapolis about 10 hours later. Good to be home, but was definitely weird. My mom was waiting for me and she was up in Minneapolis since Thursday, so my room was pretty much in shape! Just had to put more in order and go through many things to get rid of. Can say I'm glad to be back, but not really at this point.

No comments: