Monday, December 3, 2007

Thanksgiving - Friday, November 23rd, 2007

Before I get too much into my trip to Finland this last weekend, I wanted to update you on my first Thanksgiving dinner that I was in charge of....was quite difficult too. I decided to throw a Thanksgiving dinner primarily to show the international students what we eat, since it's hard to think of strictly American food. Only about 4 people who had never eaten turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, etc came, and the rest were either American or had been to the US and was able to celebrate Thanksgiving while they were there.

Turned out to be a fantastic dinner, but it was very stressful at times! I had no idea really what I was doing and all my directions were from my mom, so panic mode really set in within the last half hour. The fact that the turkey wasn't done on time didn't help either and gravy is definitely a tough task....at least I thought it was! Wouldn't thicken up for me! Overall, very good and everyone enjoyed it.

I will update my "More fun" album with a couple Thanksgiving pics and some more random ones. Should be towards the end. I also have some updated pics in the middle of my Norway trip, but close to the end. Were ones I got from Eugenia just recently and still wanted to add!

That's all for now....stay tuned for Finland! (Hopefully tomorrow it will be fully updated!)

No comments: