Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A few more updates for the time being. I AM FINALLY TRAVELING SOMEWHERE!!! A girl from Italy, Sarah, and I will be heading over to Stockholm on Friday morning and staying until Sunday. I am so excited and so is she!! Sarah was planning to go, but only if someone would go with her, so I said what the hell, and said yes. I've now been reading a lot about Stockholm to figure out some interesting attractions. I've noticed a lot of stuff stops in September, which isn't really convenient considering we are all studying for most of the time when things will be closed and my family is coming over in the dead of winter when pretty much EVERYTHING will be closed! (Except for the indoor museums.) Either way, it will be a lot of fun!

Today, there was a workshop for my project management class that lasted from 9am - 7pm. Tomorrow (Thursday) is supposed to be about the same, which is really exhausting! Today, alone, was horrible. With the class split in half (half went last week, half this week) and we got in a big conference room and the professor came in. They just told us what our task was: to create a proposal for Göteborg Cultural Festival that they have every summer in the main city of Göteborg. They then left the room and we were supposed to figure out what to do next.

We all formed groups ranging from 4 people to 11 people and started discussing. After a few group meetings with lectures and more information in between, we realized we were focusing on the task in a very wrong direction. We were thinking of how to create the project instead of focusing on how to create the proposal for the project. There is a big difference between the two because the proposal is pretty much just a way to show-off our group versus actually planning the whole project, which is done after getting accepted. Anyways....tomorrow we'll be figuring out a lot more information. (I hope this made sense!)

Well....for the weekend, quite a bit more partying, once again! Brennan, however, had some very interesting stories! First, I want to say everyone turned out fine and no one got hurt. On Friday night, after some beirut and drinking, we headed out to find some party. Ended up at some random apartment with other exchange students that took us there. After about a couple of hours, we noticed Brennan was missing. By the way, he had a little bit to drink, so it was important that we found him. Looked around the whole apartment building and couldn't find him anywhere. Finally, I called his cell phone and he said he didn't know where he was, was on some tram and finally got off and told me his stop. He said he'd be able to figure out his way back to us. I called a bit later and he said he'd be fine and would find his way home.

We ( Nik, Dane, Casey (another Californian), and I) hopped on a tram sort of heading in the direction of the stop Brennan told me he was at. Got to the stop and I thought I'd just check under the station to see if he was still there. Sure enough, there he was passed out on a bench. It was truly one of the funniest things of the night! Like I said, everything turned out fine, and I'm sure he would have made his way home even if we didn't find him.

Saturday, the last CIRC event was the Sauna Party. All bought tickets for Scandinavia's largest sauna, which is also owned by Chalmers. As much as I don't like saunas, this wasn't any better. We were forced to jump in the FREEZING cold lake because that made the sauna experience even better. However, about 40 guys, 6 girls (it is IT, isn't it??) sitting on benches in a room about 40' x 40' facing each other, got to be a little bit awkward at times.

After the sauna, there was another sittning hosted by CIRC as well. Ate some pea soup (a sauna meal) and some Swedish pancakes, we started blasting music and dancing the night away! After the sauna party ended at about 11pm, we gathered for the 30 minute bus ride back to Chalmers and then headed out with some of these ERASMUS students for another party. Lugging wet towels and bathing suits, I found Janne at the party! It was close to where she lived, but to bump into her like that was really funny! Left the party about 3am and headed back to Frölunda.

Last Wednesday, there was a Student '07 event hosted by the city of Göteborg. It was at a park in the centre and consisted of free food and drinks and many student associations were there as well. After a couple of hours, a famous Swedish singer put on a concert. Laleh was very interesting. I definitely recommend finding some of her songs if you have a chance. It was very different music and also very unique. http://www.laleh.se/.

I've posted some more pics on the Picassa site, so check them out!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Safe travels, have fun and take lots of pictures! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Postcard. I told Regan we got mail from Laura and showed her the postcard. She asked how to open it. I told her we don't open them, but we can look at the cool pictures. She said, and I quote, "That was nice of Laura to think of us." I laughed my ass off.

Take more pics of chicks and debauchery.